crazy 50/50 idea

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
Alright I have a 120gallon aquarium that isnt set up yet.. it was a FW but now i was thinkin havin half of it under a coral light with Live rock and maybe a few coral frags nd have the other half with some angel fish or tangs.? would this work or would it be a FAIL? Any advice or reality check would be appreciated.

*excuse grammer, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling*

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wiggles92;4989784; said:
Do you want to divide it in half or something?
That is what I am wondering as well???

You can't divide it and put in big fish. 60 gallons is not enough space for tangs or angels(except dwarf).

I wouldn't do this anyway. Just skip the angel and do the corals you want or do the angel and be prepared to have some corals eaten(that is what I am doing).

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
You could just keep the tangs in with the rest of the tank.

Half of a 120 isnt much swimming room. 2 feet isnt big enough for any tang, might work for a pigmy angel though.

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
its a 5ft long 120 which i think its actually a 110 but there wouldnt be a phsycal devider there would jus be a pile of rocks in one side and open swimming space on the other space

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I would just get the tang and make the whole thing a reef. You still only have 2.5 feet of swimming length. Not good enough for any tang, or angelfish.

Your tank has weird dimensions btw.

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
FLESHY;4993139; said:
I would just get the tang and make the whole thing a reef. You still only have 2.5 feet of swimming length. Not good enough for any tang, or angelfish.

Your tank has weird dimensions btw.
Agreed. 5 ft of swimming space even isn't a whole lot of swimming space for some tangs.

A pile of rocks is not going to stop the fish from ending up on the other side, so whatever fish you put into the tank need to be reef safe.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I would only recommend tangs with a max size of 8" or less in a tank like this, and only one if it is going to be a mean one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store