Crenicichla celidochilus in cool-period: before and during

Cichlidgeek

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
New Jersey
So awesome! Just curious did you see any specific behavior prior to them breeding to make you think they were going to? Also what is your water temp at now? Keep it up with the updates cuz I am sooooooooooo stoked for you!!! :headbang2
Ditto!!!

Such a great sight to see.....glad it happened to you, Ed!! Cheers!!!!!

edburress

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
Auburn, Alabama
Thanks guys!

Just curious did you see any specific behavior prior to them breeding to make you think they were going to? Also what is your water temp at now?
I didn't notice anything at all, no flaring, no raging colors. I actually thought these guys were too young to breed. The temp was 80º when they laid the eggs but the last week we got a big cold front and the tank isn't heated and is 72º right now. The swing doesn't seem to have bothered them.

I took out 94 to try to raise and they have about 50-60 to look after.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
The sheer awesomeness of that pic has me speechless.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Hahaha thats fantabulous!!! Super stoked for you man!!! You have crossed a hurdle not many of us can even attempt to cross! The goose bumps are coming in waves! Ha!

Hope they all make it to maturity and grow into spectacular fish!

abarilot

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
By the Beach!
That is awesome they have their lipspots at such a young age! Ever since seeing yours spawn I've been telling mine to get busy but they just look at me and beg for food.....oh well.

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
I'm happy for you dude, amazing fish. I'm sure I can speak for a lot of us and say that we are interested if you ever decided to sell a few. I know I would love one.

edburress

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
Auburn, Alabama
Thanks guys!

They look like little pikes now. The largest one is probably pushing 3/4". I put a heater in their grow out tank yesterday, so hopefully they'll grow faster from here on. It's interesting that they look exactly like C. missioneira fry.

I really have to work with mine a little harder
Definitely worth the effort, although I admit I'd given up for the year when this happened lol.
That is awesome they have their lipspots at such a young age! Ever since seeing yours spawn I've been telling mine to get busy but they just look at me and beg for food.....oh well.
A common problem with celidos!
I'm happy for you dude, amazing fish. I'm sure I can speak for a lot of us and say that we are interested if you ever decided to sell a few. I know I would love one.
Thanks!. They'll be looking for good homes no doubt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store