cuda id and atf id please

hybridtheoryd16

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
kentucky
Going off of jaw structure and spot I am leaning twards Microlepis. I had 2 of these some years ago that were Ided by Tom lorenz on pfury as such. And they are a good one to have. Sort of like a Falcirostris But a little smaller and much deeper bodied when bigger. Mine got to around 11" in the couple of years I had them.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/piranha038/images/guianensis_Head_Lorez.jpg

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
hybridtheoryd16;4208564; said:
Yea man i see that spot behind the gill plate. And plus the jaw structure is off from Falcirostris.

HMMmmmm

There's 16 species of these guys out there So I am thinking you have one of the more rare ones on your hands...only time will tell,

plus as with all amazonian characins they change colors from river to river.

Interesting - is there a site dedicated to cudas - I'd like to read up more on the 16 species - had no idea there were that many. When i goggle freshwater cudas all that shows up are vanillia sites with little info.

hybridtheoryd16

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
kentucky
Otherone;4208635; said:
Interesting - is there a site dedicated to cudas - I'd like to read up more on the 16 species - had no idea there were that many. When i goggle freshwater cudas all that shows up are vanillia sites with little info.
Yes there is tons of info out there but it is spread out all over the place...lol

A good place to start would be thewatersnake . com

And then just googling Acecestrohynchus will give you all kinds of hits. You just have to weed thru the general internet BS...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store