Custom 200gal tall aquarium setup - San Luis Obispo, CA - Pick up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Hello all. This tank was built using knowledge and advice I found mostly here, and there are a couple of build threads on it's original construction, and later it's teardown and complete reconstruction. This tank was the first I built, but at the time I redid it, I had made 5 or 6 others, including my 600gal. I went a bit overboard on the construction - it even has woven cloth epoxy covering the entire exterior of the tank. You could take this thing for a voyage in the ocean if it were the right shape!

Approximate Dimensions are 66" long, 36" tall, 24" deep.

This is a fiberglass aquarium with a glass front. The tank was designed to fit in an alcove, so the two rear corners are cut off at an angle to allow room for plumbing. This makes a very nice installation with no visible wires or plumbing, without the hassle of an overflow/sump.

The stand is unfinished, and needs to be painted and have a front made if you wish to hide whatever is underneath.

The tank comes with:
Lights: 2x standard 40w 4ft fluorescent fixtures, currently using daylight plus bulbs. Low watt blue moonlights included in the light fixture for very cool looking night time illumination.

Substrate: There is ~250lbs of mixed eco-complete and some white river gravel. I also have several unopened bags of each to go with the tank. This is about $300 worth of substrate alone.

Heaters: 2x brand new 300w visitherm heaters. One heater is enough to keep the tank at 77F, the second is mostly just backup.

Filter: Fluval FX5 with custom plumbing to suit the built in hard piping on the back of the tank. There is provision for a second canister if needed but this filter is already significantly more than enough to filter this tank.

Fish: A small assortment of glo-fish, two tinfoil barbs, some neon tetras, and a couple of small plecos. We had just started stocking the tank when we found out we were moving.

Misc: Programmable lighting timer, Digital temperature display, several large rocks, a few live plants, and the custom fiberglass stone-look background shown in the photo. There is also a python water changer, a hydor LED lit bubble volcano, an air pump, and quite a bit of misc accessories like nets, airstones, magfloat glass cleaner, water conditioners, water analysis kits, and so on that I will throw in if desired.

Asking $1000 for starters but I will consider reasonable offers. I'm not incredibly familiar with market value here as I'm actually from Canada - please feel free to suggest me a good price.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
My apologies, I just proof read this post. I originally just copied and pasted from my previous ad - there are no longer any fish or plants in this tank, but everything else is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store