Cycling tank with fish poop

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
cool! how'd he take it? was it Derek Jeter?

I have also had good luck with the safestart on a smaller tank, and with the seachem stability on my 245G.
Nice tank looloo

Damn auto correct ... lol
I have used both and found safestart to be much quicker I would actually add the use some danios. I used it on a 30 that completely lost all benificial bacteria due to meds. Head a yellow acara and clown loach (sensative) added the safestart and monitored water every day. Do not do any water changes for the first week or so if you see ammonia rise a bit just dose again. I never once saw nitrites and was cycled in 5ish days.
Also used it on a 55 gal but cant give 100% credit to it as I used the stability two weeks prior but was unable to get the nitrites and ammonia at 0 didnt like stability though it has worked for others.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Looloo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2012
Singapore
Nice tank looloo

Damn auto correct ... lol
I have used both and found safestart to be much quicker I would actually add the use some danios. I used it on a 30 that completely lost all benificial bacteria due to meds. Head a yellow acara and clown loach (sensative) added the safestart and monitored water every day. Do not do any water changes for the first week or so if you see ammonia rise a bit just dose again. I never once saw nitrites and was cycled in 5ish days.
Also used it on a 55 gal but cant give 100% credit to it as I used the stability two weeks prior but was unable to get the nitrites and ammonia at 0 didnt like stability though it has worked for others.

Thanks! I'll go source safe start tmr! So this tank is for a comm cichla tank! How do I ensure that the tank has the necessary amounts of bacteria to support them? Should I add more"ammonia" to build up a bigger and better bacteria colony ? What are the ways to do that

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Do you have a liquid test kit? Once you are no longer registering ammonia or nitrites your good to go.i have never used ammonia always used danios without the test kit tou wont know

Looloo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2012
Singapore
Do you have a liquid test kit? Once you are no longer registering ammonia or nitrites your good to go.i have never used ammonia always used danios without the test kit tou wont know

If I'm no longer experiencing ammonia or nitrates level can I try to increase the amount of bacteria by making ammonia levels go up again higher than before and let it cycle till it comes back to neutral levels again?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Are you getting nitrites ? Or did u mean your not getting ammonia and nitrites ? If so tou can add fish now 1 or two small ones . They will produce ammonia which will feed your bb and cause it to grow. If possible post your test results

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store