Cycling Trouble

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
You could get a small bloom but the chlorine in the tap water should kill it.

BTW if all you have on the tank is a rena I would recomend a AC110 to help oxygenate the water. I have seen tanks that won't clear up are cured with the adition of a HOB filter.

3 or 4 large yellow labs will get you on your way ...... nwhat are you going to be keeping in this tank?

I would just rinse the filter material in good hot tap water.

Optimist

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't know if Oxygenation is the problem. I have been running a bubbler for the past four weeks. Once my tank is cured, I plan on stocking it with some kind of pike to replace my Cobra Pike. Hopefully I can find another, or else I will get something like a Lenticulata. I also plan to add a female festae. Besides those two cichlids, I want to have a large catfish or two, and maybe a bichir. If I start this weekend, how long do you think it will be until I can start adding the first of these fish?

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
If it was me I would cycle the tank with the fish you plan to keep.

The fish you want are tuff and I have cycled a tank with pikes so I wouldn't worry about them.

Optimist

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
Connecticut
Ok. I'll give it a try. I think I will just start one or two of the fish I plan to keep. Thanks for all your advice. It really gave me hope and helped me get through my tough times. You guys are great!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store