Cyps Too Quick for Jumbo Cyps in Eating

stoffel

Gambusia
Apr 18, 2010
Cape Town
Suspend the pellets in the water by having a powerhead close to your feeding area.works for my 10 leptosoma kipili. If food reaches the bottom the power head blows it arround and they have a second chance at it

Odstar

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
North Hollywood
Great, then they are jumbos like mine. I got the discount too. I still have to call Terry and find out how old they are and what generation. I forgot to ask. Do you happen to know? I know they get to 6" and they are only about 4.5 or 5 now.
No sorry don't know. A guy named Logan helped me out and he only works on the weekend. He wasn't sure the age or if they were wild caught or F1s. But judging by the size I want to say they are wild caught. I hope they color up eventually.

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
No sorry don't know. A guy named Logan helped me out and he only works on the weekend. He wasn't sure the age or if they were wild caught or F1s. But judging by the size I want to say they are wild caught. I hope they color up eventually.
Hmm, not sure they're WC, because of the low price, but it sure would explain their being so skittish. I know Terry said they would color up more (males of course).

I don't have any pics yet, but I'll grab some when I get a chance and post them. I bought mine right after they arrived on Wednesday so I saw the ones you got too. I'm hoping the tan parts turn yellow. Sort of wish I had gotten a F to help the M color, but I'm still adding to my collection.

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
I just spoke to Terry at Strictly Fish and he is who bought the fish for the store.

He doesn't know how old they are or what generation they are but he said they are not WC.

I asked him to confirm they will color up more and he said , "absolutely".

So we got an awesome deal. When I told him I was chatting with the other person that bought the fish, he got a kick out of that, but when I told him my cyps were like lightening and grabbing up the food before the jumbos know what hit them, he laughed.

Hey, even though I saw the ones you got, I'd love to see some pics too.

Thanks!

Stephen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
Maybe try to use flake instead.. Flake is less food per bite, harder to over feed that way.
A small cloud of flake is harder for one fish to grab it all.
Although you probably have the same problem with flake hitting the bottom.
Might want to add some bottom dwelling fish perhaps?
Note this is just a wild guess on what to do.. hope you figure it out.

Odstar

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
North Hollywood
I just spoke to Terry at Strictly Fish and he is who bought the fish for the store.

He doesn't know how old they are or what generation they are but he said they are not WC.

I asked him to confirm they will color up more and he said , "absolutely".

So we got an awesome deal. When I told him I was chatting with the other person that bought the fish, he got a kick out of that, but when I told him my cyps were like lightening and grabbing up the food before the jumbos know what hit them, he laughed.

Hey, even though I saw the ones you got, I'd love to see some pics too.

Thanks!

Stephen

Cool Stephen! Here are some shots of the Cyps. So far they are slowly coloring up. The 3rd pic is what I believe to be the female on top of the male.
IMG_1433.jpgIMG_1437.jpgIMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
Awesome. I agree the one looks like a female. The ones I chose had more blue/purple because I'm into that. One is half purple and the other three have blotches and spots of blue or purple.

I'll try to grab some shots since I have some time off. 3 of them cower in the corner, so maybe I'll take some pics at feeding time.

Thanks

Stephen

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
Stephen yours look nice! It looks like you got the real colorful ones.
Thanks. I like them. I had some regular kitumba before and the males completely lost all of their tan color. They also had bright yellow tails. I guess the jumbo variety is quite a bit different because unless they will color up more later, they still have a lot of tan and practically no yellow in the tails.

My regular kitumba (and all my cyps) got their yellow tails before the body started coloring up, so I'm not sure my jumbos will end up with yellow tails.

This is my first time with jumbos so I'm not sure what to expect with coloring.

I'd like to see them swim around more like my regular cyps, but maybe I need a female.

Just did another water change and filter cleaning and they just peck at each other and stay in the corner, where as my Nkonde started mating! 😮

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store