Datnoid Olympics!?!?!

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
im with ya on that...$raising them is so much more economical$...Youve got a damn good collection!

Datnoid101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Off the deep end
tigercraze.com
I have 60 dats total. Biggest is 2: 13" indos, 11" silver, 5: 6" ngts, 4"ngt, 2: 6" thin bars, 24: 4" thin bars, 25: 1-2" indos. My Ngts cost $300 a piece in hawaii.

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
You did the same thing I'm doing with lungfishes... I'm curious as to why you are doing this (Amassing such a large collection) I wonder if you're working on setting up a breeding program / conservation effort?
THAT is the reason for my exorbitant lungfish collection. Wondering if we're along the same lines here...

Datnoid101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Off the deep end
tigercraze.com
I got some farm land and wanted to setup some breeding ponds. Thats why I grabed somany indos and thinbars. Dats are hard to come by in hawaii and are very expensive. A indo dat that is half an inch goes for $15.99 A 5" thinbar is $130. A one inch indo is $40. Its ridiculous. I just always had a thing for perches. They are symmetricaly pleasing to me and have great personality. I also collect large ammounts of archers, nandus, terapon jarbuas, and climbing perches

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Are you working with the piebald/leucistic Anabas? They are a personal favorite of mine. Have not seen any for many years. The LFS has 2 gray ones. I used to own those two, but returned them. It's the yellow / pink ones that really strike my fancy. Your breeding project sounds awesome. So your aim is to get rich off dats? :)

Datnoid101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Off the deep end
tigercraze.com
No, just crazy about them and perches! That an I want people down here to be able to enjoy them without having to wait for them to be available and to pay less for them. Not sure about the anabas...they are tan with bright orange fins and a black spot on the back of the body.

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Awesome! The anabas here are just a solid gray. I love 'em, but they were getting too aggressive to keep in a community with a lungfish. And only having two didn't warrant setting up a new aquarium devoted to Anabas (If I found more, I would do just that!) The tan/orange ones sound awesome!

So as not to derail... I think everyone should be able to get what fish (dats) they want at reasonable prices . Good on you!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
for me its 5 x 12inch ST and 1 x 11inch NGT

the NGT rules the tank :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store