Datnoids appeal?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Nearly all fish have something different about them

Tigers have a sharp dorsal fin eyes that's seam to move in different directions eat loads but grow slow

Aros have the razor tongue barbels and massive eyes

African tiger fish have sharp teeth

Peacock bass have gear colour

Knife fish have the things you mention

Plecos have a great sucking mouth and armour

Nearly every FW pred fish has it's own attraction

It's what ever turns you on

If you have to ask what we see in tigers you can't see it so shouldn't get into them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Appearance, personality, behavior....and the time and dedication it takes to grow them out to a big size. The same things that attract anyone to whatever fish that they prefer.
I agree with this!.. I have 8 of them in my 360, got them the size of a quarter and now they are over a foot. They take forever to grow out so it's kind of a pride thing for me growing them that large :)

hulk181

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
Cerritos CA
For me, the appeal of dats are their size, patterns and personality (sometimes). First, I love how chunky and fat they can get. It's just cool to see a datnoid that looks wide like a fat guy lol. STs look cool to me because they're so wide and it's unique in fishkeeping to have fat looking fish like that.

I also like their tiger stripe patterns. If you can get a nice golden tiger with straight bars, it just looks cool. There are other fish out there with black bars, but none of them combine black bars with an orange or gold body like a good datnoid. Feels like you're raising the king of the river.

Their personalities are also pretty awesome (sometimes). It takes patience to raise them because they can start out being very shy. A lot of them hide, but when you can train them to not be shy anymore and they come begging for food, its like gouve achieved something as a fishkeeper. Its a cool feeling to see such a unique fish be active, it's like dating a girl who's hot and funny lol.

Geofroniac

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
San Gabriel
For me, the appeal of dats are their size, patterns and personality (sometimes). First, I love how chunky and fat they can get. It's just cool to see a datnoid that looks wide like a fat guy lol. STs look cool to me because they're so wide and it's unique in fishkeeping to have fat looking fish like that.

I also like their tiger stripe patterns. If you can get a nice golden tiger with straight bars, it just looks cool. There are other fish out there with black bars, but none of them combine black bars with an orange or gold body like a good datnoid. Feels like you're raising the king of the river.

Their personalities are also pretty awesome (sometimes). It takes patience to raise them because they can start out being very shy. A lot of them hide, but when you can train them to not be shy anymore and they come begging for food, its like gouve achieved something as a fishkeeper. Its a cool feeling to see such a unique fish be active, it's like dating a girl who's hot and funny lol.
You read my mind JJ. Really them fat and always craving for food.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store