Dats going blind

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
They go blind because of the lighting in the tank!

Most people kept them in Arowana barebottom tank with tanning light or some kind of high output lighting system, the intense spectrum causes the whiteness, it's just like if you look directly into the sun.

You got to remember, tigers often reside in shady or in very deep water area where sunlight is scarce.
I totally agree. Dats naturally hide in their spots in the wild

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
my dats pupils r slightly gray/cloudy. but water parameters r perfect and they eat well. So I dont bother
for the most part, some older datnoids seem to have like a slight cloudiness on the inside pupil. you have to look very closely to notice. and the outside lens is perfectly fine. IMO, i think its caused by excessive lighting. I could be wrong.

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
for the most part, some older datnoids seem to have like a slight cloudiness on the inside pupil. you have to look very closely to notice. and the outside lens is perfectly fine. IMO, i think its caused by excessive lighting. I could be wrong.
External cloudy cus by temperature and water condition.
That is the reason why u put heater change water ok liao.
For Internal cloudy is cus by light...when u tan your aro
With strong lighting.
Chances of your dat to turn blind very high...high...so becareful.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
My tank is lighted by natural sunlight. I think its just an age thing. All my dats have slightly cloudy pupils, but can see perfectly fine.

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

8usmickey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
NY
My tank is lighted by natural sunlight. I think its just an age thing. All my dats have slightly cloudy pupils, but can see perfectly fine.
All my big indo datnoids back then had that same slight cloudiness. My water is good and they eat healthy.

Who knows if its normal or its due to the cause of lighting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store