David R's 2000L tank build

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Thanks!!

As for the tank itself, since the last update I've lost bout half the silver tips possibly to predation (though not sure who? Uaru? Flagtail? Heckelii might be big enough?) and going over the overflow and not being rescued in time. The Lemons seemed to "learn" to avoid it, but the silver tips didn't. Seems how the Amazon theme was blown I added a school of scissor tails and they're doing great. Better size for a tank like that too.

Everything else, the filter and lighting etc, just keeps on ticking over and I'm sure it would continue to do so for many years still.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Thanks!!

As for the tank itself, since the last update I've lost bout half the silver tips possibly to predation (though not sure who? Uaru? Flagtail? Heckelii might be big enough?) and going over the overflow and not being rescued in time. The Lemons seemed to "learn" to avoid it, but the silver tips didn't. Seems how the Amazon theme was blown I added a school of scissor tails and they're doing great. Better size for a tank like that too.

Everything else, the filter and lighting etc, just keeps on ticking over and I'm sure it would continue to do so for many years still.

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
It's a great tank, one that inspired me when I first started the hobby. Best if luck with the new baby. I've had three boys now and the oldest is only 4 and half, I always did my water changes with one arm while holding a baby in the other :)

Reactions: David R
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store