Devil Tank Cleaning Question

Rob3rtPhan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
Mobile,Al
I love how fearless they are!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Evil but fun. You can use egg crate. That's what I'm do later when he's much bigger. And the siphon why not make your own attachable to the sink faucetakes siphoning easier. I have a vid that shows you haw l how to make a diy siphon 40' under $38

GS4

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Thanks, I have a python but was thinking on getting a longer vac tube so I can just clean the tank and be done with it. Egg crate or nets a good option, thanks for the help.

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
I make a long sturdy siphon tube from lowes and wear cheap chain mail gloves (I’ve had fish that would jump & bite your hand). I also have used an egg crate to help my buddy with his big dovii.

With piranha I’ve owned I used the extra long siphon tube, chain mail gloves, & a little piece of egg crate lol

Mechanic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2004
at home
My RD makes a long siphon tube a must.
He even tries to attack my 120 lb. German Shepherd thru the glass every time he walks by the tank.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I have the same problem with my 5 inch male texas. I know that doesn't sound bad but he started glass banging at 4". When he was in a 55 by himself I could get away with just shooing him away, that didn't work very well and I have the scars to prove it. I got a 24 inch gravel vac so I don't need to get bit during his weekly wc. He's now in a 120 and hasn't bit me since.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store