Deworming Panaques

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
uploadfromtaptalk1403886568887.jpg
Here is a pic of my sump. Under the media bags are the pond boxes. I can pour half the meds over each pond box and it should mix very well. Pumps are Laguna maxflo 2000's

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
You should be able to get away with using anything with Praziquantel as a whole tank treatment or as a bath depending on how you want to go about it, for pretty much all IP unless its a nematodes type IP like capallaria, camallanus which you will know as red stringy small worms will protrude from the fish. Praziquantel that is pure or powder form is very hard to mix and should be avoided if you can not get ahold of Hikari PraziPro. Also something like Paracide-D should be considered if camallanus is suspected.
Powder Mixes real well with vodka .
Plus with the premixed formulas they are too weak to be effective and expensive . My 2 cents plus you can medicate the tanks and yourself at the same time .. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Powder Mixes real well with vodka .
Plus with the premixed formulas they are too weak to be effective and expensive . My 2 cents plus you can medicate the tanks and yourself at the same time .. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

The prazipro will be here today, so its a tad late for that. I'm gonna do 2 rounds at full strength. If that doesn't work then I will try something stronger. I'm just nervous treating the whole tank with a stronger powder as I have never done it before. Plus I caught it very early so I feel I have a good amount of time.

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
The prazipro will be here today, so its a tad late for that. I'm gonna do 2 rounds at full strength. If that doesn't work then I will try something stronger. I'm just nervous treating the whole tank with a stronger powder as I have never done it before. Plus I caught it very early so I feel I have a good amount of time.
You will be fine, it is a very safe medication, that dose not mean give them a super dose lol I do not see why you would need pure form but if you decide you do, Jehmco has you covered you will need to fill out some paper work in order to get it. The use of unflavored vodka to dilute the powder dose work well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store