Did I just buy what I think I did???

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
Here's a bunch of pics for y'all. I got a few with flash on. They are pretty shy so they aren't showing how blue/turquoise they really are since I was chasing them around with a camera lol

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

uploadfromtaptalk1403539934314.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403539947591.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403539962238.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403539979681.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403539994189.jpg

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Really not sure what they are. I can say 100% without a doubt they aren't EBJD's. They are very pretty though, lots of blues in the fins. Cant wait to see what they turn out to be.

I don't have any pics of my EBJD fry on hand but here are some from google image to show the difference.

ebjds2.jpg

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
uploadfromtaptalk1403562246690.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403562275440.jpg

Mine look just like the google images to me. Mine are a little stressed right now and get pale when anyone is close to the aquarium. Also one of them got their fin messed up. The pics I took aren't showing how blue they really are bc every time I try getting pics they lighten up.

I suppose time will tell. I'm also on capital cichlid and aquarium advice forum and so far I've had 14 people say EBJD.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm also not saying you're right at this point.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
View attachment 1021170View attachment 1021171

Mine look just like the google images to me. Mine are a little stressed right now and get pale when anyone is close to the aquarium. Also one of them got their fin messed up. The pics I took aren't showing how blue they really are bc every time I try getting pics they lighten up.

I suppose time will tell. I'm also on capital cichlid and aquarium advice forum and so far I've had 14 people say EBJD.

The black markings are the same but your fish have spangles where the EBJD's don't they have the pale blue body with the black markings. My guess is they are one of the new platinum JD's or other color strain. Yours just don't look like the EBJD's I have seen I could be wrong I hope I am, time will tell.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
View attachment 1021170View attachment 1021171

The black markings are the same but your fish have spangles where the EBJD's don't they have the pale blue body with the black markings. My guess is they are one of the new platinum JD's or other color strain. Yours just don't look like the EBJD's I have seen I could be wrong I hope I am, time will tell. You got an amazing deal if they are.

BASSTIAN182

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
NC
Wow, those are some interesting looking ebjd, they have almost a chrome complexion. I want to see how these turn as they grow out. I have to agree with Justin, those look very similar to the newer color strain "platinum" which are even more expensive than the ebjd. Either way, you stole those fish. Congrats!

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
You know, I'm good with whatever as long as they're pretty and friendly lol. I got one of them to eat from my hand tonight. The other 2 seemed interested but wouldn't eat unless I dropped it. I'll continue to work with them the way I did my jewels. I'll keep y'all updated on their growth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store