Dinner for the Red Hooks

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Cool but lettuce is over 90% water with very little to zero nutrition so its not a diet and is that a red belly piranha at the bottom? Can't really tell but nice fish!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Nice! My Redhooks love zucchini. I cut into long strips and place on clip.

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Cool but lettuce is over 90% water with very little to zero nutrition so its not a diet and is that a red belly piranha at the bottom? Can't really tell but nice fish!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

Nice RHs, is that a male RH on the bottom of pic by the Lippincotti?

oneyedfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
West Chester, PA

I was under the impression that iceburg lettuce was on little or no nutritional value, but Romaine was a good supplement for them?? Either way they only get it once a week as a treat. They eat NLS as a staple.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Romaine lettuce has good nutritional value, especially the dark leafs.

oneyedfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
West Chester, PA
Romaine lettuce has good nutritional value, especially the dark leafs.
Thanks. That was my understanding also. They seem to enjoy the greens more than the pellets, maybe I should give them a more leafy diet and pellets as a treat? I know that they are primarily herbivorous in the wild. Any other suggestions other than Romaine and Zucchini? Maybe baby spinach?

Sent from my tank!

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Thats fine, Your Fish Stuff (vendor) carries some high quality green pellets and veggie flakes. Better green percentages than the large name brands. Also Kens sells some good qualiy Supreme veggie flakes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store