disastrous power outage

scott g

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2006
U.S.A.
Seeing that picture brings back some bad memories, that really sucks. Keep plugging away though. Sorry, those were some nice fish.

knmb323

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2006
St Louis, MO
www.geocities.com
Power was out for 3 days. I've been told that when there's no power its a very bad idea to add water because there's no telling if the water treatment plant is able to keep the very nasty bacteria out of the water. So no, I did not do regular water changes during the outage. Besides that it was 13 degrees F in my basement and the tank temperature plummeted. I was praying the fish would metabolize and use less oxygen but alas, I now have a very lonely, empty tank.

Anyone know of a good source for monster fish serving the St Louis area? It's a shame to see this tank with practically nothing in it.

knmb323

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2006
St Louis, MO
www.geocities.com
Fish_are_fishfood;602584; said:
Devistating loss bro. Just when you think everythings turning out good, this happens. My condolences to you, but that is one ]\/[onster tank, hope you can fill it with some nice new monsters.

Here are the survivors:

The pleco is about 14" so not quite a monster but moderately respectable I think. One the other hand, that pacu will grow up to be a ]V[onster one day.

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I lost power for 3 days also in the summer. I did 2 water changes in that time, I didnt loss any fish. What difference did it make the cold water comming in? Is your hot water heater electric? Mine is gas, so it didnt matter much that the power was out

albyoscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2006
The home of the CHIEEEFS
dude my apologies i live in kansas and we got an ice storm .. thank god our power didnt go out . but theres always the restocking process

Snowy The Pleco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
My computer
I'm sorry, those looked like some pretty cool fish. We had a power outage last December. We lost power for six days and I lost one fish. My dad and I did a water change with hot/warm water every day to keep the fish alive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store