Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
Safe
If yes, what is your nitrite?
Warning
If yes, what is your nitrate?
Warning
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
0-10%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Woke up this morning and my discus was floating sideways in the top of the tank, I tapped the glass and it shot down but was visibly struggling not to float up, Ive already done half the research just want to verify what I am doing so far is right.

I googled the symptoms which were the floating and also its stomach being notibly round or inflated like the website said might happen which reasured me that i am on the right path, it was swim bladder disease, spruce pets says that I should not feed the fish for 3 days and on the 4th day feed it frozen peas. I have it floating in one of the plastic hatching nurseries right now with the lid on so that it wont get any food for the next 3 days will this be enough? will this be too much? what caused this?

LungfishLover1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2023
I am at school right now so I cant take a photo however when I get home I will, not sure if the website will let me either because this is my first post

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Tbh we need the actual number readings ppm. Using terms like safe and warning can't be used to analyze the problem with the Discus. Unless your aquarium has a dense population of plants 10% water changes every two weeks a serious issue especially with Discus.

Reactions: kno4te

LungfishLover1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2023
Tbh we need the actual number readings ppm. Using terms like safe and warning can't be used to analyze the problem with the Discus. Unless your aquarium has a dense population of plants 10% water changes every two weeks a serious issue especially with Discus.
IMG_4433.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

LungfishLover1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2023
Ok not bad.
How is the Discus doing?
I suggest doing 50% weekly water changes to keep the nitrate level low and this will also help the PH from getting to acidic.
What other fish do you have in with the Discus?
Here is the discus, Temparary solution to keep him fasting for 2 more days. I also have an angelfish, another discus, and a senegal bichir

IMG_3105.jpeg

LungfishLover1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2023
Ok not bad.
How is the Discus doing?
I suggest doing 50% weekly water changes to keep the nitrate level low and this will also help the PH from getting to acidic.
What other fish do you have in with the Discus?
Hes really discolored right now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store