Disease on my clown Knife? pics

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Looks like hes peeling, or possibly a bacterial infection. How often do you check your water parameters? Looks like your tank is pretty clean though.

bgwilly31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cincinnati
it looked like peeling to me as well. I just got him a couple weeks ago and ive heard of fish sheding their mucus layer. So i thought it was possibly normal. I check my parameters every few weeks couple weeks. 4 days ago the ammonia had spiked slightly. I added some ammo lock the day after i checked and i did just do my 25% water change this morning. Could this be Ich?

bgwilly31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cincinnati
Should mention he is always hiding in this cave i have in the tank. I suspect he could be rubbing up alongside the inside of the cave all the time.

bgwilly31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cincinnati
I know one thing he is always hungry. I throw 6-8 feeders and he devours all of them before the next morning. Than by the next day he acts hungry again. lol Seems like im going to be have to feed this chief every 2-3 days. I was thinking of throwing in a couple dozen feeders so i dont have to go to LFS all the time.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
ya sometimes fish shed slime coat i would add salt and ya stay away from feeddrs

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
Feeders are unhealthy. Did you buy this fish cause you like fish or did you buy it to see it eat feeders? Would it hurt you to feed it something else? It would be healthier with other food.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Feeders are very fatty and offer almost no nutritional value. Also a little aquarium salt wont hurt, its beneficial to alot of fish, just use it at 1/3 strength. And no that doesnt appear to be ich.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store