Diseases of Arowana

ausarow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2008
australia
anasthetic can be benzocaine from you local vet or clove oil from natural therapy companies or chemist or dentist. the clove oil is easier. the commerical and approved for aquaculture form of clove oil is AQUI-S from new zealand.

abortedsoul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
MD, USA
This is a truly awesome thread... the stingray forum needs one of these! Thanks for posting this!

AmazonBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
Northern Jersey
I am new here so forgive me for any ignorance. I need help! I have a new black arowana that I just put in my tank a few days ago. I have 2 peacock bass and 1 teacup stingray with it in the tank. I think the arowana might have some type of skin parisite, ICH. It looks like tiny pieces of sand on the sides, top and eyes of the fish. I started using Rid-Ich that was recommended by the place I got him from. I also have slowly raised the temp to 86deg. This is the third day/treatment and I think it has helped. But I have noticed a few changes and wanted to know if this is normal. The two wisker type entenas on the top of his mouth have shriveled up and I have noticed he is breathing a bit more rapid. Is this something I should be concerned with? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AmazonBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
Northern Jersey
My aro's barbs recently shriveled up and now he has a black fungus looking thing on his upper mouth where his barbs where. Can anyone help in identifying this? Thanks in advance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store