Display tank 2

nutty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
United Kingdom
Developing all the time.

A large piece of oak wood has been added to the right hand side, giving extra cover for the fish. Algae developes on the rock and backwall, giving a more natural look.

The background is a big feature to the display, but hopefully the arragements of rock and wood has given it a unique look thats sets it apart from other BTN background displays found on the web.

The Vieja regani pair seem to like it.

Lee.

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
What fish would not love that tank? There is no sign that it is even a tank. It looks exactly like the pictures were taken underwater in a natural south American river. Besides the tank being superb, so are the fish. Excellent work and craftsmanship.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Stunning Lee, just stunning... That v. regani shot is amazing!

I enjoyed reading through the article on your tank in PFK as well, congrats. I would love more details (feel free to PM) on how your managed to get the background stitched together so flawlessly? I am still trying to figure out how to do the same in my 8' tank and not really having much luck.

Toxic Fish 9999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2009
WI
i wanted one of thoses back round but i thinke it was like 500$ that guy was crazy but awesome tank

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
it looks like you literally cut out a section of a river, beautiful setup and great stocking

BadOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Maine
I really like how natural it looks. Very nice.

nutty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
United Kingdom
Thanks all for the comments guys, really appreciate it.:thumbsup:

@ JK47 Thanks i'm glad you enjoyed the article. This particular display hasn't been featured yet, but i'm promised another article soon.

Believe me stiching the background together rendered many problems, but finally managed to do it thanks to a few spare pieces of BTN cut-off's lying around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store