DIY 220g(830L) Tank Stand

hardb0iled

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2005
Australia
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments. :D

Sorry I havent been able to visit the forums much lately as my work commitments have increased exponentially over the last couple of months :swear: I have been reading the replies regularly though, but havent had a chance to really reply to anyone myself.

I'll take some time out over the next couple of weeks to try and post back with an update! There is an interesting ending to the light saga I mentioned earlier which I will get to. Both the tank and my Murray Cod are doing great though! :woot:

Stay tuned! :thumbsup:

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Nice job :thumbsup: on the stand!!! You build like I do. Use strong lumber & make it last forever. :woot:

I am currently working on plans for a single (looking) stand to hold 2 of my 55gs on either side of my 46g bow front.

You have inspired me to move forward with that plan, I had put it on hold for a while.

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
On your return pump, you have a 2 that splits off from another hose, what is that hose going to? The one that looks like it is going to the bio ball section/drip tray?

hardb0iled

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2005
Australia
On your return pump, you have a 2 that splits off from another hose, what is that hose going to? The one that looks like it is going to the bio ball section/drip tray?
Because the pump I have is able to pump more than my overflows can handle, I added that extra hose and valve as a return. So instead of simply adding a valve after the pump to restrict the flow, this allows some water to be diverted back into the sump and the pumps output is not restricted. :thumbsup:

arlo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2006
Rowland Heights
I READ 11 PAGES OF COMMENTS AND THERE STILL ISN'T A FINISHED PICTURE????
COMEONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn :swear:
beautiful tank and stand :clap

hardb0iled

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2005
Australia
..errr yeah - about that, there is only one problem, its still not finished :(

Well its finished as far as its all up and running - but I have not finished of the top border and lighting set-up how I want it just yet :shakehead :redface:

Work got very busy and racing season started before I got to finishing it off. I will make an attempt this weekend to get some pics though seeing as though everyone is waiting.

My Murray Cod is now over 13inches long I'd estimate! At this rate he'll outgrow the tank before I get it finished :swear:

freshyfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2006
Barrington, IL
Great set-up I like your stand and sump alot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store