DIY Arduino Aquarium Controller

matseski

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
United States
The project is underway. There will be 3 stacked pcb boards with the circuitry and connectors. 1 is completed and tested with the arduino (4 temp probes, 2 leak detectors, and 2 feeder controls). Since I ordered everything from China on Ebay to save money, I am still waiting on a few key parts that have kept me from making real progress. Still need the 4 pole 3.5mm jacks,ethernet board, and some wire.

I have been working on modifying the code in the linked project to my needs as I switched out the Atlas pH stamp for one by Dormant Labs since it has galvanic isolation. I am still debating on whether or not the ORP and conductivity sensors will be in the initial version or not. Regardless, I am leaving the board space for them to be added later.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

asteele.19

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2014
Michigan, United States
Very cool!

I am going to be doing this for my aquaculture business this summer. I also have zero experience with electronics and programming, but I enjoy learning new things. I have a buddy that is an electronics wizz who has done many arduino builds so I have him to turn to if I get stumped.

Good luck and I will be following along!

Mr.Manaconda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Since I ordered everything from China on Ebay to save money, I am still waiting on a few key parts that have kept me from making real progress. Still need the 4 pole 3.5mm jacks,ethernet board, and some wire.
If you have any Radio Shack locations near you, check them out - they're closing most of their stores. I was able to pick up an Arduino Ethernet board for $5. They may still have all the other pieces you need too if they haven't been all bought out.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

matseski

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
United States
Finally got all of the core components...but still am waiting on the wire...DOH! Ordered all the parts a little over 2 months ago...so it takes time if you order from China, but I got all of the parts (including the pH probe and stamp, moonlights, feeder, ATO pump, replacement PS for my Jebao pump, 2 dosing pumps, and all the controller boards and connectors) for $217.06.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store