diy divider, can i use any untreaded wood in my aquarium?

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
thats why i thought a tennis racket style mesh on a ridged outer square... maybe a good concept!?
If you want to do the project ;-)
"I" wouldn't use invisible fishing line for a divider, because of possibly small slices on fish. Even attacking it with their mouths would concern me. Some of mine fight through divider, so something thicker & more rounded seems better. but you know your fish and it's your decision.

killzmke

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
milwaukee
What fish are you separating?

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
im in the uk so egg crate although not impossible to find woukld be difficult, i really want to build one with fishing line so it is invisible almost and all the water can still flow freely. not into glass dividers of big un sightly lumps of plastic??!? maybe some stips of 10mm glass with holes drilled every 10mm.... wonder if the local glass place could make me these? maybe i'll call them....
Eggcrate or pegboard will work. UK = United Kingdom, yes? Not sure why those would be hard to find, but those are best choices. If you like drilling, a thin piece of plastic (acrylic) would be easier to drill I think, and much easier to size exactly to your needs. Sheets used to cover florescent light fixtures would be easy to find. Glass would not be high on my list.

If you don't need for it to be see-through, plastic corrugate can be cut and drilled as well. They usually are sold as roofing sheets but can be used as sides in small building structures (like tool sheds, pool side dressing rooms, etc.) You'll need a specialty saw or heavy knife to cut those to size. Drilling will be easy.

dannyh

Feeder Fish
Feb 19, 2013
hemel
Hi Mate, its the guy who collected some of your midas fry,,, just to let you know the biggest midas, I assume a male has now been released into my main tank & is so far doing fine along with my 4 inch bocourti, 3inch bassx2, 3inch lyonsi. he is now no less than 2 inch & has bright red eyes, which is un-usual for a midas,, but very pleased with the way he looks so far............the divider your after, is that to seperate your newly purchased festae from the daddy of my baby midas, lol & the dovii couple you have ?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
hey, is for the dovii jus encase they go crazy!-) thats great, as they are growing people are buying the largest and the second batch are mixed in now... the largest ive had/seen before being sold was 3cm... nice to hear they are doing well, should post some pics.? my big male has half red eyes, infact when the lights been off they are blue believe it or not!? seems once they dialate they turn red!-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store