diy plywood aquarium

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
nice looking tank,, after reading this thread i would be a little nervous about the thickness
of the glass and the actual structure of the tank itself. For a DIY i think you need to brace/
support the walls of the tank better, just my 2 cents.
all in all its a nice looking build and i hope it all works out for you

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
ooks nice but it would make me nervous to put certain fish in there, fish that are glass bangers due to aggression and/or fright. Good luck

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
nice looking tank,, after reading this thread i would be a little nervous about the thickness
of the glass and the actual structure of the tank itself. For a DIY i think you need to brace/
support the walls of the tank better, just my 2 cents.
all in all its a nice looking build and i hope it all works out for you
+1 you might want to add some extra braces on the corners just to be safe , although its holding water fine now once fish start thrashing about it may not last (depending on what fish you have )
Best of luck with it :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

eric2683

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2014
mauritius
+1 you might want to add some extra braces on the corners just to be safe , although its holding water fine now once fish start thrashing about it may not last (depending on what fish you have )
Best of luck with it :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
going to put an oscar , a black ghost knife. gourami clown loach and soon a silver arowana

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Was going to say 10mm is very safe!

Its all about the bracing

Sometimes all the technical written stuff doesn't compare to real world stuff, its more to cover ones butt ( liability) then anything

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store