Do I need a special tank for fx5?

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
i've watched the dvd for the fx5 numerous times....very entertaining....i think i fancy the fluval guy hahhahahah

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
I would think that the instruction manual has an illustrated page that shows you how to set it up. Most products on the market today don't even require us to read instructions to put them together! This shouldn't be too difficult a task for you friend. I would assume that you can follow instructions as I've seen that you've been able to type, construct sentences, and respond to the replies. I'm sure you can handle this.

DISCIPLE

Candiru
MFK Member
soggysandwich;1805958; said:
yeah, and the filter comes with directions tell you how to do it all
WELCOME TO THE BOARD!! it also has a dvd w/ it so rest assured its sooo easy;):grinno:

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
One more question(atleast for now), what is a powerhead? And can I set this up w/ an fx5 and use it ase the output blowing the water back in the tank?

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
no a powerhead wont work in conjuction w/ the FX5. think of it as a mini submersible pump. theyre usually used to create current in the aquarium or to power other small filters

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Alright guys my fx5 should be coming any day now. But Ive got some questions. I have a 120 gallon tank w/ whats in my sig. in the tank. Im running two emperor 350's(hob) and one tetra whisperer 40(hob)..so thats 180 gallons w/ of filteration. Im wondering if I should take off one of my 350's or what. I plan on adding another fl gar in the next month as well. And one more.....w/ all those filters and the low number of fish in my tank how often should I clean it?

tchizzle

Candiru
MFK Member
May 14, 2008
Saigon
gangster;1835077; said:
Alright guys my fx5 should be coming any day now. But Ive got some questions. I have a 120 gallon tank w/ whats in my sig. in the tank. Im running two emperor 350's(hob) and one tetra whisperer 40(hob)..so thats 180 gallons w/ of filteration. Im wondering if I should take off one of my 350's or what. I plan on adding another fl gar in the next month as well. And one more.....w/ all those filters and the low number of fish in my tank how often should I clean it?

I don't know about your filters since I am still a noob when it comes to big tanks, but with the cleaning/maintenance, you should just do the regular weekly/biweekly water change and clean out w/e is on the bottom w/ a gravel vac.

If you mean cleaning the FX5 I'm guessing check on it every 2-3 weeks to make sure it's running and isn't clogged. That's what I read somewhere on the site.

Feel free to correct me guys. Still learning too.

Edit:
My Jebo 150g set only has a small opening on the canopy and it was a ***** to set up the filter piping at the top since there is a giant rim on the tank, but it was worth it and I got it to work for me. It comes with everything you'll need minus the media.

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Remember the FX5 doesn't come with any media. You will need to buy it. Make sure you have some carbon, and some form of "biomax" type stuff for some bacteria to grow on. I also put a water polishing pad in mine. I don't remember any emp. 350s only 400s and a 280????... Anyway I would keep those ditch the small.
Remember to recheck the clamps to make sire they are tight after she runs for a little while. For some reason mine seemed to loosen up a little after the first couple hours and also remeber to fill it with 2 gallons of water before turning it on or it may have a hard time priming.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store