Do You Have To Get In Your Tank To Clean It?

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Jack Heathcoate gets in his tank.
[YT]C-On5JkFuHM[/YT]

On another note, I found this car wash brush with really soft bristles at WalMart--cleans tank walls really easily and won't damage the acrylic. I still have to stand on a stepladder to reach the floor of our 300 gallon tank.
brush.jpg

Have no intention of getting in the big tank when it is set up. Being vertically challenged, I need a stepladder to get out of the tank.
clean2.jpg

Fortunately, I found my favorite brush with a long handle
clean.jpg

By standing on a platform behind the tank, I should be able to clean all the walls with the brush.
clean1.jpg

brush.jpg

clean2.jpg

clean.jpg

clean1.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
I maintain tanks for people part time and for my customers with large tanks I bust out the 36" algae scraper. Plastic blade for acrylic or easy algae and metal blade for the tough stuff on glass!

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
Arent you risking disease for your fish? I just was reading about how many and how easy it is to get a disease from your tank waser. There is not need to get in a 450 gallon! :D it sounds like you just want to do it for fun more then anything. I know people with 1000 gallons that do not get in them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
20140514_130049.jpgI just can't get into the very far corner. It's weird dimensions 6'x6'x20, so that isn't helpful. But I'd rather not get in it. U can definitely tell where i can't reach ;) Left 2 sides weren't very dirty, and the dirt on those corners just doesn't show up on camera. But i assure u, it's annoyingly there...:irked: Only way i can think to clean there is get in. But after its filled with water, I'm hoping i don't have too... after its setup, i was thinking a swiffer type thing. No chemicals obviously.

20140514_130049.jpg

mitchb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2011
victoria
that is a nice set of dimensions, and a huge piece around the top. nice tank either way and hopefully you get something to reach those spots

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Why not just use a mag float? They make them for all sizes of aquariums. Just make sure that you get the acrylic one. And for the tough stuff you can put a mag flip between the magnets.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I do NOT get in my tank. It's 540 Gallon, and I purposely bought a tank that I could reach all the way to the bottom, and I left enough room between the tank and the wall, that I can get a step stool in place to clean every place in it.

And I have a 48 inch Python. I still haven't found a squeegee, or anything I can put on a handle to clean the glass, though. That'd be nice if I didn't have to stick my arm in the tank anymore...

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I maintain tanks for people part time and for my customers with large tanks I bust out the 36" algae scraper. Plastic blade for acrylic or easy algae and metal blade for the tough stuff on glass!
I have one of these. Problem is, only thing that gets algae off inside of the glass is the black scrubber pad thing--and that gets sand grains on it. I can't have sand getting on that and then scratching up the inside of my acrylic tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store