Do you name your fish?

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
do you give your fish names? I've named a few of mine. Such as, my shubunkin goldfish is named "Fat Bastard" because he really is a fat bastard(think austin powers) and my EBJD is named Magellan (after the blue gin). Of course, then there are those fish that all look so similar, its hard to tell them apart.

BaldoBoy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2009
Corning, New York
i name my fish like my blind cave tetra i named him dominater because he eats my smaller fish so we had to put him in my parents 35 gallon and he is terrorizing the bigger fish

green_fox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2006
canada
i had a jewel named bob... my dad gave him that name and a festivum named legs... another name given by my dad.. for the long fins he had

dragonsong

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
PA
My pleco's name is Sir Suckington the Magnificent :)

romosoldier

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
USA
i have too many fish to name them all, but i do name some of them, like my halfmoon betta, leonidus (idk if i spelled it right, from the movie 300 lol)

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
I name my EBJD tazz jr because my other one was name tazz that pass away.

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
I don't get into naming my fish but that doesn't stop my wife and kids from doing it. It comes in handy though. When I'm away from home, I can ask my wife about specific fish by the names that she gives them. The scientific names don't always make sense to her.

discus-dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
indiana
i only name my bigger fish like arowanas and oscars but not little tropical fish my arowanas name is joleen cuz when i bought her that song was playing at the petstore and my white oscars name is alfredo cuz he looks like alfredo sauce and i could go on for ever ranting about my fishs nmaes but i wont cuz i am really tired and about to pass out form not sleeping in forever

BaldoBoy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2009
Corning, New York
discus-dude;4906888; said:
i only name my bigger fish like arowanas and oscars but not little tropical fish my arowanas name is joleen cuz when i bought her that song was playing at the petstore and my white oscars name is alfredo cuz he looks like alfredo sauce and i could go on for ever ranting about my fishs nmaes but i wont cuz i am really tired and about to pass out form not sleeping in forever
lol afredo classic

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store