do you talk to your fish?

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I've always talked to my fish, especially when I had my big dovii/jag hybrid. I swear he looked at me like he was listening. I'm really bad about talking to my office pet. I have a betta, when I get annoyed at something I talk to him about whatever is bugging me. I've been caught frequently by co-workers babytalking the betta. They of course think I'm nuts. The jag hybrid, I usually called him names for trying to bite me. His name at times was "Jag-Damnit". I think all of us talk to them once in a while, seems it would be unavoidable.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Lol when I feed my aro I'm like "ur so big" n I pet him

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I am so impressed with how much personality arowana have. I never hear any talk about it. But the 1 i adopted always follows me across the tank, lets me pet him, never even attempts to bite.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ska_kid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2012
Mars
I am so impressed with how much personality arowana have. I never hear any talk about it. But the 1 i adopted always follows me across the tank, lets me pet him, never even attempts to bite.

Only when his hungry ;-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Like right now my blCk belt is playing pool with the new river stones i added and i keep going stop! Stop! STOP!

I also talk FoR my fish sometimes. Like pretend theyre talking and what they would sound like. Its really funny.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I thought it was just a personal habit, carried over from always talking to my 'above water' animals.
nice to know I'm not the only one.
our adult daughter was here and seriously called me out on it, like I was nuts.
she deadpan stared at me, saying "Mom. you are conversing with a fish."

wish I had vid of her face when he breached the surface, flipping her off.

puffykid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I talk to my brown puffer all the time, and always call him fat when he puffs for attention/food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store