Do you wipe off the inside glass or acrylic of your aquarium?

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
A dedicated floor dust mop on an extension pole is what I use every 2 months. I presoaked it for a week in bleach to dissipate any chemicals that might have been on it initially.
I'm with you for size, just more frequent.
I use 4"x10" acrylic scrub pads on an extension of PVC to do little touch ups every couple of days. Once or twice I week I just get in and scrub everything by hand.

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
I'm with you for size, just more frequent.
I use 4"x10" acrylic scrub pads on an extension of PVC to do little touch ups every couple of days. Once or twice I week I just get in and scrub everything by hand.

I try to never enter the tank for anything. If I went too long on the window cleaning then the build up might be bad enough where only a hand cleaning would work. But the every other month wiping has been working great.

So far, so good.. I haven't had to enter the tank for over a year.

Amber n The Boss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
Toledo, Ohio
So far I've never developed Enough on my inside glass to worry about it. Hope it stays that way. My ID Sharks would FREAK if I needed to enter to clean the glass with anything. It's difficult just doing water changes. I finally bought a Python and the other day was the first time they didn't smash into the glass.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I do the front and back every other day or 2 with this, because I take photos every day, its a must.
Also use razor blades for the heavy stuff, so far only have glass tanks.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
For my glass tank I use a sponge on a stick and acrylic I have found magic erasers work well to clean the tank when empty but I can't say for sure when full. I would highly suggest not using a magfloat on acrylic. If it picks up even a tiny grain of sand it will scratch the heck out of your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store