documenting my Alligators growth rate (w/pics)

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
Yes it's normal for them to change colors and maybe thread a piece of fishing string through the meat just enough to keep it on but not enough that it can't pull it off and suspend the meat about 1' under the surface sense he prob just can't find it.

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
Sorry for the delay in getting new pics. Been out of the country. Lost my camera and am to busy at work...but I'll get around to it soon I hope. Gar is 25" long!!! So 3" to 25" in 6months, or 3.6" per month. Which is a wicked fast growth rate

chris87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2010
sydney,australia
This is unreal, spewing i didn't find this earlier. Mate you ali gar's off tap. I love it. Would love to get one and grow it my self one day. Bit expencive over here though, try $500-$1000. This growth rate rocks the boat for quick. My hat goes off to ya mate for your work. Looking forward to more pics.

pagojoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2009
Conroe, TX
Cool thread, and good job with the gator gar. You asked earlier at what point the growth plateaus...mine started slowing some at about 48 inches, but they don't slow way down in the wild until about 72-78 inches. Our 3 year olds are about 4.5 to 5 feet now, so some of them shoudl be in the 6 foot range by next year.

AnaB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
USA
thank you, I was thinking about doing something like that. Right now i went back to feeding him feeders.

mqktandy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Iowa
Cool thread, and good job with the gator gar. You asked earlier at what point the growth plateaus...mine started slowing some at about 48 inches, but they don't slow way down in the wild until about 72-78 inches. Our 3 year olds are about 4.5 to 5 feet now, so some of them shoudl be in the 6 foot range by next year.
Do u have any pics of your gars? Would love to see them feel free to post in this thread

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store