Does seeing the sperm plug mean that the ray is tagged?

tomuhs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
calgary
Hey guys,

My female BD was tagged June 08 2015, I knew because when I came home that day I noticed that there was a sperm plug sticking out of her.

https://goo.gl/photos/BUGA3tC19XzH6rUn8

I've perused through a lot of posts and havent been able to find any posts where a female didn't deliver anything after being tagged.

She is looking a lot bigger than 3 months ago, mostly because her disk has fully healed up but there is a noticeable hump. I can't really tell if there is movement or not but it seems to me there is.

Just curious if anyone has experienced a tagged female not getting gravid? Thanks guys and happy fish keeping.

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
She certainly looks pregnant, even from that angle. Your account of seeing the plug backs that up.

I'd assume someone somewhere has experienced a female with a plug not conceiving but would say it's far from the norm.

Pups are on the way :)

wmkr

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
m'sia
look like prego already... u count 90 day plus minus then u can see the pups coming

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I cant view the pics for some reason but if the date is corect then she is a couple weeks over 4 months so should be due any day. You should be seeing lots of movment, but may have slowed down due to being ready to pop. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store