Does this Forum have a Section on Small Animals (Specifically Rabbits)?

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
No, no, no. This thread should not be about eating rabbits. The main qualification should be whether the section is for freshwater rabbits or saltwater.
Brackish! :ROFL:

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Jeez people quit eating rabbits LOL. I'm kidding, but in regards to companions for cats, either get a large, fast breed of rabbit or raise a cat up with the rabbit so that they would be familiar with each other. We've tried putting cats with rabbits, and it didn't last long (But the bunny won, and the cat was yeeted out of the house because we are rabbit people :) ), but to be fair, there wasn't much time so it could've worked over a much long period of time. Just ensure that you do not allow baby rabbits around cats; the cats will annihilate any babies.

Larger (actually, any size and breed) rabbits can have problems with chewing, but it is usually owner error, not rabbit error. Usually, when a rabbit chews and causes destruction, it is bored and needs a companion and/or a consistent round of chew toys. I've had my rabbit Elvis for 9 years, and I trained him not to chew on things by making the not-good stuff unappealing and instead, giving an alternative "appealing" thing; he knows good and well not to chew anything that isn't a chew toy (although he very occasionally still tries to). They can be trained to not chew with careful training. Make sure to provide many INTERESTING toys (not just simple wood blocks; while it is a good staple toy, they need much more interesting toys such as treat balls and loofah chews), and they'll stay away from your furniture (unless you have that one irresistible 100-year-old coffee table that is just oh-so-delicious 🤣).
I knew a fella who kept a big lopear with his cats. The rabbit ruled the roost, it was bigger than the cats and i guess those lettuce chompers packed a nasty nip.

I was imagining something like that, we have a very gentle cat by my estimation. But i also do indeed have an antique coffee table....

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Im aware this is played out by now, but ive always been interested in those Caerbannog rabbits.
Absolutely classic Monty Python...never gets old! :lol3:

Little known fact: All rabbits behave that way...but only when they encounter vegans; they hate competition! :ROFL:

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
No, no, no. This thread should not be about eating rabbits. The main qualification should be whether the section is for freshwater rabbits or saltwater.
Well, rabbits from the Amazon are freshwater, and then the saltwater rabbits come from the Pacific Ocean. In order to keep one, you have to have a minimum of a 75-gallon tank (as a grow out) and a 200-gallon for long term. They occasionally hop up on land so be sure to provide a place for them to beach. They eat live bloodworms and shrimp, but it always does their choppers good to eat snails. :ROFL::hitting:

Reactions: Midwater

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Love it. I just love it. THIS is why y'all shouldn't eat rabbits.
Wait...you sound as though you haven't seen that flick before? Is that correct? Is that even possible????

You actually share your home with one of these goofy pellet-pooping long-eared woodchuck-wannabes...and aren't familiar with "the most ferocious rodent ye ever laid eyes on!"???!!! :ROFL:

As long as we're on the topic of other pets...I have to try finding a picture of my old Boa Constrictor that I owned back in the day. She was an an absolute beauty, well-marked and coloured, a little over 10 feet in length, dog-tame. I had one terrific picture of her enjoying her favourite meal...well, maybe it's better if I don't find it...

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Wait...you sound as though you haven't seen that flick before? Is that correct? Is that even possible????

You actually share your home with one of these goofy pellet-pooping long-eared woodchuck-wannabes...and aren't familiar with "the most ferocious rodent ye ever laid eyes on!"???!!! :ROFL:

As long as we're on the topic of other pets...I have to try finding a picture of my old Boa Constrictor that I owned back in the day. She was an an absolute beauty, well-marked and coloured, a little over 10 feet in length, dog-tame. I had one terrific picture of her enjoying her favourite meal...well, maybe it's better if I don't find it...
Well *raises hands* I've been caught. I've never seen Monty Python before and yes I've never seen that clip above. I know, I know, I'm a terrible person *goes and hides in corner of shame* LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store