Dog Behavior - Odd?

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
This is day two when i find a 'present' in the crate in the morning!!!! what gives? is that normal? >.<

during the day, he does potty as usual on command....

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
When my dog bites me or does anything dominating I bite his ear not to hard but a good naw to show him I'm da boss!!!! He's a huskey btw

Sent from my LG-P925 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
This is day two when i find a 'present' in the crate in the morning!!!! what gives? is that normal? >.<

during the day, he does potty as usual on command....
he is a baby... babies do not have organs that are mature enough to be regular.. and it also depends on time and what you feed.. and when you take him out.. are you regular with these times... also how much he drinks.. all these factors could have a influence on his immature system... your getting a little idea of how complex it is..lol.. but all worth it .. at least to me it is.. they usually will not go in the grate.. at last resort they must.. so something needs adjustment.. amount of food.. kind of food..time of food..time of walk .. time of crate time.. amount of exercise..

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Take him out regularly and he will learn to do it outside. Do not scold him for doing it in the crate. I did that to my Yorkie and she started eating her poo to hide the evidence. A habit we have been unable to break. I am away 8 hours a day and she rarely has a mess in the house she doesn't "take care of". It's gross.

The peeing part of house breaking with my Yorkie was the simplest task with the routine every 2 hours outside. My jack on the other hand occasionally pees on the floor in the middle of the night. With the command word I can almost get my dogs to pee when I want them to, anywhere. Funny trick sometimes.

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
When my dog bites me or does anything dominating I bite his ear not to hard but a good naw to show him I'm da boss!!!! He's a huskey btw

Sent from my LG-P925 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
hmmm nibbling on dog ear ... nah. besides too small. he seem to have stopped intentional nipping. ... still does nip when excited. but it is better now

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
he is a baby... babies do not have organs that are mature enough to be regular.. and it also depends on time and what you feed.. and when you take him out.. are you regular with these times... also how much he drinks.. all these factors could have a influence on his immature system... your getting a little idea of how complex it is..lol.. but all worth it .. at least to me it is.. they usually will not go in the grate.. at last resort they must.. so something needs adjustment.. amount of food.. kind of food..time of food..time of walk .. time of crate time.. amount of exercise..
Yeah, i know he is a baby still. Not regular cos i stick to schedule (that said, when i slip on the schedule, i dont blame him). dont walk him outside yet as vacination is not complete.

the good news is that he now voluntarily goes to the 'spot' even during the playing ... actually runs from another room to the spot. so now the crate door is left open at night (he still sleeps inside) but comes out in the morning himself. Is that a good idea?

another observation, i found a big pile in the correct place and another small one away. i recon he did not finish then went to play then realize not finished then finished ... ewwwwwwwwwww

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
Take him out regularly and he will learn to do it outside. Do not scold him for doing it in the crate. I did that to my Yorkie and she started eating her poo to hide the evidence. A habit we have been unable to break. I am away 8 hours a day and she rarely has a mess in the house she doesn't "take care of". It's gross.

The peeing part of house breaking with my Yorkie was the simplest task with the routine every 2 hours outside. My jack on the other hand occasionally pees on the floor in the middle of the night. With the command word I can almost get my dogs to pee when I want them to, anywhere. Funny trick sometimes.
No i don't scold him after the incidents if i did not witnessed it. He does feel the annoyance from me (bodylanguage etc) while i am cleaning after him. he does not eat poo ... ewwww!!!. i do scold (no physical punishment) if he goes peeing in front of me (does not happen often).

Yeah, the trip to make him pee is quite neat ^^ works everytime.

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
bathed him yesterday (5 days after injection) ... man but he was pungent. this is the first time i witnessed/helped my wife with the bath ... he looks like a chuawa when wet. Got pictures before after... funny. then dried him off with the hair dryer ... wife got carried away with cutting the butt fur ... really funny!!!

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
yeah all my pups have done that also they are just playing mine used to bite hard as hell too but they dont bite at all anymore now that they are older

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Yeah, i know he is a baby still. Not regular cos i stick to schedule (that said, when i slip on the schedule, i dont blame him). dont walk him outside yet as vacination is not complete.

the good news is that he now voluntarily goes to the 'spot' even during the playing ... actually runs from another room to the spot. so now the crate door is left open at night (he still sleeps inside) but comes out in the morning himself. Is that a good idea?

another observation, i found a big pile in the correct place and another small one away. i recon he did not finish then went to play then realize not finished then finished ... ewwwwwwwwwww
He is doing great..what a good puppy.. his mind just wanders... but he is doing awesome for a wee one..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store