Don't buy eBay led light strips!

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Is the fixture underwater? There's an idea too. I had this happen on my 37g with an LED that clips on to the frame, waterproof and underwater. Have you tried cleaning the LED itself, it's 100% direct light onto the fixture with water on the outside. Could just be algae buildup.

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
So are the ones that come in a tube better?
The ones in the glass tubes are nice and easy to clean but the rubber fittings can be a bit cheap and don't always stick to the glass. Great buy for the price though I have 7 of these of assorted sizes in my tanks all blue and it's just awesome to see at night :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Looking at the link and pictures quoted there's an easy one. Mine are the ones that come on a role and have 3m tape. It must just be them as I've tried them from different eBay sellers all with the same result. So are the ones that come in a tube better?
those are horrible, i had them and it almost started on fire. the one in the picture above that xraycer posted is better on ebay.. i had those for 3 yrs and use it for night light for my tank. maybe 2-3 led bulbs inside went out but the rest is still good..

coolkeith

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
Detroit
those are horrible, i had them and it almost started on fire. the one in the picture above that xraycer posted is better on ebay.. i had those for 3 yrs and use it for night light for my tank. maybe 2-3 led bulbs inside went out but the rest is still good..
How did they almost catch on fire? Not sure I understand what "almost" catching on fire is? Did they melt? Were they smoking? Could you explain what happened? Please give some details. How were they wired, what kind of power supply you used, and where they were installed? Some pictures would be excellent. I've had mine running 12 hours a day for over a year. Just wondering if I should be concerned. If there's a defect in these lights, I'd like to know about it. If there's something you did wrong with the lights, maybe we could pinpoint that also.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
yea that fire bit has my attention too, those are the ones I just got. so far I like them, got them with the remote dimmer. some problems though. if I use it without the dimmer bit they just strobe which is annoying (i'm pretty dumb with electronics so maybe they are designed to or something) also I have found that if I keep it at 90% power they will stay on for a bit fine, then they start to flash randomly. if I keep it set lower than this there are no issues and they are awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store