Double Uv mod. A-mod or B-mod

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Yea its time to double Uv.
I'm moving fish from 220g to 600g. My head is spining. I have so much work. I'm moving to new hause....

Option A-----------------------------------
20150825_153030.jpg

Option B------------------------------------
20150825_153038.jpg

And i like to know whay is one better. Or maybe option C.
I know here we have some amazing people that know this stuff. :)
tnx for answers

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Your question is simply stated as "in parallel or in series" and the answer is in parallel. While either setup will give you about the same contact time in the UV chamber, you will have less turbulent flow in parallel, and it allows you to service one unit while the other continues to operate (assuming you include the proper valving). Also, if you do go with the series option, it looks as if you were planning to end with the filter? Filter before UV, always.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Yes everything will be conected with valving. Like i have conected right now.
Canister filter is completly cycled 5-6 months now + i have another 2 canister filters on this set up cycled for 1.5 years.
I will add anothes 2262 full with seachem matrix. I'm thinking this is enaught for 600g. Fish will be the same. Bio - waste the same. I'm going to just move them...

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Right now is conected to 1 36 uv unit. I'm going to move everything and just add 1 more uv in parrarel mod.
This is old pic Left side filtration :) On right side ia just 1canister.
Thrank you for answer. I'm going with parallel

20150312_193456.jpg

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
consider getting some distance or angles between the UV chamber inlet/outlet before connecting to plastic as the UV exposure will degrade the plastic over time. The only good way to do that in this setting is with stainless steel fittings, which can be expensive... you may want to consider using a section of plastic that is easily replaced every year or so.

Reactions: raubiy

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
consider getting some distance or angles between the UV chamber inlet/outlet before connecting to plastic as the UV exposure will degrade the plastic over time. The only good way to do that in this setting is with stainless steel fittings, which can be expensive... you may want to consider using a section of plastic that is easily replaced every year or so.
Brookkeeper i was thinking about that.
How about those stainlessstill feetings on eheim 2262.
I can order them at LFS.
20150825_162707.jpg

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Aren't most UV's made from PVC?

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
No, most UVs manufactured for legitimate long term use (on drinking water supplies) are made of stainless steel. UV systems made for aquariums are the only ones made from plastic.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
No, most UVs manufactured for legitimate long term use (on drinking water supplies) are made of stainless steel. UV systems made for aquariums are the only ones made from plastic.
Those stainlessstel uv for drinking water are extra expensive. Price is high but quality is top. I have seen few.
Right now not for my pocket :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store