DOVII HYBRID (FLOWERHORN) with oscars

MONSTER_OSCARS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2010
newhaven united kingdom
ive got 2 baby flowerhorn cross dovii grownin in a 4foot tank planing to put them in with my oscars, wat size do u recomend i grow them to 1st. and do u think they will get along ??

dunderman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Arizona
You can try it, but the flowerhorns have to be at least half the size of the oscars to not fit in the oscars' mouths. Of course, by that size they'll be big enough to kill the oscars. Whether or not they will get along depends on the individual fish, and there's no way to tell until you put them together.

Jory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
las vegas, NV
it would work out very, very short term. but no, they won't, and no i wouldn't do it.

you could add them as soon as they're too big to fit in the oscars mouth. shortly after they reach that size, they'll start to mature and acting more aggressive.

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
MONSTER_OSCARS;4151716; said:
hmmm well i am bit worried coz ive had me oscars a long time, and i dont want to mess it all up, and then end up with ni oscars :(
Stick with your o's if that's what you like. Flowerhorns are cool but they do not mix well with others.

Akabir47

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
Home of the brave.
I keep my fh with a jag, gt, dempsey, oscar, mono pbass and motoro ray in my 180g. All fish are 6-13 inches and all get along thank god. it all depends on the fish and a lot of luck/trial and error...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store