Dovii or Peacock bass???

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
I have just restocked my 150g tank with a 3" PB and a 3" Dovii. And where I live they are not very common fish and I have been waiting queit a while to get my hands on a dovii. I have always wanted a big single male dovii and I believe the one i have now is a male, but now this PB is really starting to grow on me. Knowing eventually i will have to get rid of one, or more than likely the dovii will kill the bass. Just wanted to know other peoples opinion and suggestion to which one I should keep in the long run?

I really dont know which one to I want to keep and its stressing me out!!!

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Keep the dovii, loadsa people will keep the bass cause it can go with other fish, the dovii will get passed around in tanks that are too small more than likely with fish it shouldn't be with. Dovii will grow slower too and give your more time to upgrade. Dont get stressed just do what is right!-)

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
i agree with justarn justarn keep the dovii. unless you have something really rare like a true intermedia or something then
keep the bass and lose the dovii lol. hahaha

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
Well i did have the bass in the tank first for 2 weeks before i got the dovii. I also had with the bass a tin foil barb and a wild type oscar. The tank was fine with no dramas. Put my dovii in the tank 4 days ago and he has already taken out the barb and oscar. So i can understand why people would say keep the bass for the same reason you stated that they can go with other fish. But which one has more personality and more owner response? I love the shape and colours of male doviis but i am starting to really like the bass now as well

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Bass should be in huge community tanks with other bass imo, look a bit silly as a wet pet... Just my view on it. When are you upgrading and to what size tank?

Reactions: juddb

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
The bass and dovii are only 3" so I am not planning to upgrade anytime soon, but saying that I believe a 150g tank is big enough to house a single water pet like a dovii permentley.
Many people may beg to differ but that is my opinion.

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
Bass should be in huge community tanks with other bass imo, look a bit silly as a wet pet... Just my view on it.

Good point Justarn. Ever since I got into this hobby i have always had 3 or more fish in a tank. Now I really like the thought of just having a big water pet. That is why i am seeking peoples suggestions on which one to choose out of the 2

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Lol, youve obviously never seen an 18 inch dovii, let alone bigger...

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
Lol, youve obviously never seen an 18 inch dovii, let alone bigger...
No I havent actually. Like i said where I live they are not common fish but I am aware of how big they can get up to like 22" obviously I would use common sense and upgrade when I feel he is out growing the tank and needs more room. But you cant guarantee that every dovii will get up to 18-22" so im sure my150g will be fine for at least a couple of years or most of its life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store