Dr. jekyl and hyde???

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
brad2525;1535342; said:
had a sevrum like that. he was fine and never had any problems
Oh.. thats Great to hear... yay!! Do you know what caused it? Did it ever go away? i mean... it doesn't matter if it goes away or not.. i like the way it looks on my fh anyways..:headbang2 But just curious though.

brad2525

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
Syracuse,NY
faded a little but never completely. had him for 2yrs befor i traded him and hed no problems. but 2 years isnt much compared to how long they live though so who knows if there were any problems later. doubt it though.

fishfreak317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
flowerhorncraze.com
if you do read that link provided.

If a blackened area appears on a fish, it is possibly due to a pinched nerve. This could be secondary to a tumor or swelling. Swelling may be due to internal infections, internal parasite infestation (dropsy or bloating due to internal parasites, according to Dieter Untergasser, 1989).

Source
Handbook of Fish Diseases by Dieter Untergasser, TFH Publications, Inc. 1989
it also shows a picture. however its copyrighted.

to me this looks exactly what appears wrong with your FH. except for the swelling. i dunno if it will get better. gl with that.

AmerCichlidmaster36

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Da Fort
thats awesome

CrystalizedHairs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
I had a devil that had a similar color change. It happened after attacking the glass with such force, it knocked him out. Neurological problem of some sort. Likely perminent, not nessissarily lethal.

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Mine did that too. More the back of the head though, not the face. Been like that for 4 years. Sorry about the bad pics though

FH1.jpg

FH2.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store