Dragon Goby

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Nice :) I just seen one of these at one of our lfs and he was like 15"!!!!!!!!! Let me see if i can get the pic off my phone when i get home !! :)

phaedraeos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2006
boston
From everything I've read, dragon gobys only eat fish if they accidentally swim into the goby's mouth. Their eyes are way too small for them to be effective predators, and their main method of eating is by taking huge gulps of the water around them and filter-feeding. I highly doubt your danios are ending up in your goby. My 2 cents :)

sharpy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
phaedraeos;657233; said:
From everything I've read, dragon gobys only eat fish if they accidentally swim into the goby's mouth. Their eyes are way too small for them to be effective predators, and their main method of eating is by taking huge gulps of the water around them and filter-feeding. I highly doubt your danios are ending up in your goby. My 2 cents :)
It is true that they aren't predators but they do have a good sence of small. They won't hesitate to eat whatever they can. Including a smaller sleeping fish.

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
sharpy;656901; said:
Shrimp pellets, frozen brine shrimp, and algae wafters. They always look thin.
I disagree, they are only thin when they don't get enough food. This is mine about 5 months ago, haven't had any good full body shots since then. He's currently just under 12".

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
MrRngr94;656904; said:
You don't think they can eat zebra danios, do you? I started off with like 30 and now I'm down to about 10. Not sure who in the tank is eating them but I know he's fast enough to catch them.
No, they can't eat fish, they are filter feeders and have a very very small throat, even if they could they are next to blind so they wouldn't be able to find them.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
I am going to get one in a few days, I really want one again.

sharpy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Mudfrog;657773; said:
I disagree, they are only thin when they don't get enough food. This is mine about 5 months ago, haven't had any good full body shots since then. He's currently just under 12".

There are different species sold under the name "dragon goby" perhaps this acounts for thie difference in girth. All of mine have looked just the same way this one did. They ate every day. The one pictured was housed alone. Mine accidently ate some guppy fry. :(

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
True there are some different species but I'm assuming your in the US as I am and they only sell one species over here. Mine was thin when I bought it.. I could see them accidentally eating a fry or two but nothing the size of a normal guppy. Here it is when I purchased it, I had it for 4 months before I took the first pic I showed.

They are a cool fish, just most people lose them due to bad info, I know I lost my first two that way, this last one I've had for over 2 years now.

MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
So Mudfrog, what did you feed yours to get it that fat? I'm on my 2nd one. The 1st one became a midnight snack for a toadfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store