Driftwood

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
*Well, the price can be from 5 bucks up to few hundred bucks depend on the size and type of wood.
*Small pieces of wood you can boil in hot water, soak in bucket of water for few days up to few weeks depend how much the tannish color effect you want to take out.
*It will leech out the tannish color (yellowish, tea color effect) in your tank and create a nature look for your live stock.
*If the wood is new you can just power wash and put it your tank right away but for safety you would boil it to kill all unwanted parasite, bugs living in the wood (this mostly for huge, giant wood piece).

altumangel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2016
if u get maylasian driftwood just rinse and its good to go. if u get wood from your backyard or somewhere its best to boil it to kill off any bacteria that may harm your tank. sometimes u may need to boil/soak in water for a while till the wood sinks. but malaysian driftwood normally sinks right away. as for price, u can find good deals here or craiglist. prices varies from who u buy it from. fish stores usually charge more. look around and u'll get an idea on the prices.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
rinse it if its store bought, boil it if you are nervous I suppose.

if you collect your own let it dry completely for 4-5 days, rinse and use. That's the method I use.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Some driftwood will turn your water yellow for years.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Free is the best price, go to a pond or other area with permanent water, look for pieces u like in the water, they should have no bark and should be hard, not spongy or crumbly. Put wood in a container with water for a day or two, I never boil it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store