Drip System for Rays

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Lol, I thought about that a minute ago...wrong country...Canada was kinda what I meant...they are both White and snowy aren't they lol?

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
canada is the largest land mass in the world lol.theirs a desert,rain forests ,prarrie,tundra ,many mountain ranges,arctic and three differnt oceans. so like some of our southern neighbors think we do not all live in igloos.theirs warmer places and theirs colder places unfortunatley i live in a very high altitude winters tend to be colder 3500 feet above sea level. i have worked and lived in inuvik NWT its the coldest place ever.i felt minus 62 celcuis in febuary its almost on the arctic ocean.also in the same town of inuvik i felt plus 25 celcius.but where i live now in calgary summers are sometimes warm maybe plus 25 celcius and winters can get minus 30 for 3 months bur! "thank god its summer again"

most eatern canadians have no idea theirs a true desert or a real true rain forest in canada!

outside temp has no effect on my rays tanks thank god we build pretty warm igloos up here lol!!!

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Wow minus 62, that is just amazing! To go to plus 25 makes it worse as you know what warm is too.

Coldest I have been in is minus 12 and that was not too bad, we were still playing about outside with normal winter coats on.

Insulation is a wonderful thing eh?

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
For my future 1200 gallon tank im thinking of dripping hotndcold. I am an electrician, so i can make magic with the bill ;) A generator is not stupid, but with a hot and cold drip the tank can stay pretty ok for a while even without power, heathvice. The hotwater tank dont lose its temperature that easely. The filters is another thing. Everyone with rays\fish in general should have a generator. But with drip on the main and overflow on the sump should mix the water pretty good. Also. It would not be stupid to put a defrost cable in the drain pipes from the house, they are out there.

ScubaGuy

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Alberta
Other than the problem of water temp is there a guideline of how much water per hour/day should be "dripped" in?

I have 400 gallon tank which dripping in about 3 gallons per hour.

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
you cannot run hot water through a system like mine if you are going that route erik

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Old hot water systems CAN be full of copper, the other issue I have is a failure causing scolding water to enter my tank. A 2 week holiday with even a slight problem could end up with cooked rays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store