Dual 40B sumps on a 265 gallon

pdandy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gretna, Nebraska

Both overflows from the main tank enter the sump on the far right. This first chamber houses a 500w titanium heater controlled by a ranco temp controller. This section flows over a custom water jet cut piece of glass that holds 4 filter socks. Bio media under filter socks. Return pump for right side of tank is in this sump too.

Right sump is connected to the left with 2" bulkheads. The left sump is sectioned in half. The return pump for the left side of the tank is in this sump. It is T'd off to feed the second half of the sump to act as a hospital/qt tank if needed.

Reactions: isde02

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Looks good man! What Species of Geo do you have in there?

Reactions: pdandy

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Winemilleri. They've spawned once but I lost all the fry. I'm hoping to get them going again soon. Feeding earthworms and doing big water changes.
How do you keep earthworms on hand? DO you just go dig them up all of the time? Buy them from bait shops?

pdandy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gretna, Nebraska
How do you keep earthworms on hand? DO you just go dig them up all of the time? Buy them from bait shops?
During the spring and summer I will go dig up some and keep them in a styrofoam container in the fridge. During the winter I'll buy them from a bait shop.

Reactions: TripleW

pdandy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gretna, Nebraska
Here's a video of me feeding them worms. Sorry about the shaky video. My 9 year old daughter was in charge of the camera.

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Sweet! For sure going to get some. By the way, I think that I have some of your handy work in my house. I bought a gallon from Drew a couple years ago, I think that you and him built the stand that it sits on.

pdandy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gretna, Nebraska
Really?! That's awesome. That was a while ago. When the MCA was still up and running. do you ever make it to the swaps around this area? I bet we've walked right past each other. Lol

Is that a true parrot in your avatar?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store