Dwarf Gourami in 10 Gallon

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y’all! I was wondering if I could have a dwarf gourami in a ten gallon and a few tank mates (like Asian Stone Catfish, or some rasboras)?

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
What species of dwarf
Wouldn’t recommend the dwarf flame, neon, powder blue, or those, quite boisterous for their size, and harass tank mates

honeys, licorice, croaking, sparkling, etc. would be ok, but require a little more specialized care

Reactions: tlindsey

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
What species of dwarf
Wouldn’t recommend the dwarf flame, neon, powder blue, or those, quite boisterous for their size, and harass tank mates

honeys, licorice, croaking, sparkling, etc. would be ok, but require a little more specialized care
Dwarf Flame, I'm thinking about making some more space in my main tank and moving the Dwarf Gourami into his own tank (the 10 gallon which currently has the Discus). Also, he is very calm, I've had him for a few months now and he doesn't cause any trouble. Never has been aggressive towards anyone. Pretty much just minds his own business and tends to the algae on my plants and driftwood.

Reactions: Kayden

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
Dwarf Flame, I'm thinking about making some more space in my main tank and moving the Dwarf Gourami into his own tank (the 10 gallon which currently has the Discus). Also, he is very calm, I've had him for a few months now and he doesn't cause any trouble. Never has been aggressive towards anyone. Pretty much just minds his own business and tends to the algae on my plants and driftwood.
You would be suprised how much a change in territory can affect the personality of a fish, you can give it a shot, I had a dwarf flame in my first 10 gallon, and he ended up killing some black neon tetras,
If you had to keep him in a 10, then I would do solo, also, 20 gallons are only like 25 bucks at petco right now, so that could be another option is an upgrade

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
You would be suprised how much a change in territory can affect the personality of a fish, you can give it a shot, I had a dwarf flame in my first 10 gallon, and he ended up killing some black neon tetras,
If you had to keep him in a 10, then I would do solo, also, 20 gallons are only like 25 bucks at petco right now, so that could be another option is an upgrade
While I could afford that, I don't have the space for a 20 right now. All the fish tanks are in my bedroom and I have a small bedroom lol. But thx for the reccomendation!

Reactions: Kayden

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
While I could afford that, I don't have the space for a 20 right now. All the fish tanks are in my bedroom and I have a small bedroom lol. But thx for the reccomendation!
Always try and let people know about the tank sales at petco. And when I was living with my parents I crammed 17 tanks it a 12x12 bedroom! The secret, build up.

• Love
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Always try and let people know about the tank sales at petco. And when I was living with my parents I crammed 17 tanks it a 12x12 bedroom! The secret, build up.
I hope to have a dedicated fish room and maybe more (like an arowana pond :headbang2) in the future (when I'm an adult and living independently). I honestly would do that now, but my parents don't want to pay for a large number of tanks and I don't have the time to take care of more tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store