Dwarf (?) pike cichlid Id and advice please

Mazan

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2022
I did not have a chance to go back to the fish shop over the Christmas period, but kept thinking about those Crenichichla. And when I went back more than a month later they were still there. I decided to risk a pair in my big tank, and maybe get more if it worked out. I chose the biggest pair. Everything went well for aabout 10 days then the male disappeared right after a water change, I though tI might have sucked him up by accident. as he he had seemed fine in the morning. I went back to the shop and got the four they had left - two males and two females. I put the biggest male with the original female and the others, which are much smaller, in the 120cm tank with Apistogrammas and cardinals. The cardinals have grown a lot since I last posted and at present are too big to be eaten by those tiny pikes. Will have to see how things work out as the pike cichlids grow. I eventually found the original male dead, no idea what happened to him, but the others are all doing well so far.
This is the biggest female:
IMG_8688.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I did not have a chance to go back to the fish shop over the Christmas period, but kept thinking about those Crenichichla. And when I went back more than a month later they were still there. I decided to risk a pair in my big tank, and maybe get more if it worked out. I chose the biggest pair. Everything went well for aabout 10 days then the male disappeared right after a water change, I though tI might have sucked him up by accident. as he he had seemed fine in the morning. I went back to the shop and got the four they had left - two males and two females. I put the biggest male with the original female and the others, which are much smaller, in the 120cm tank with Apistogrammas and cardinals. The cardinals have grown a lot since I last posted and at present are too big to be eaten by those tiny pikes. Will have to see how things work out as the pike cichlids grow. I eventually found the original male dead, no idea what happened to him, but the others are all doing well so far.
This is the biggest female:
View attachment 1513363
Beautiful dwarf pike cichlid.

Reactions: Mazan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store