Dwarf Seahorses automatic feeding

FlowerhornLani

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2023
Hi guys I’m new to the forum! I am looking for any ideas on how to create an automatic feeder for my dwarf seahorses. Like some sort of overflow box or something so they can get their live brine shrimp everyday without me having to use a turkey baster? Thanks for any tips. They’re my favorites!

Reactions: fishhead0103666

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Only thing I can think of is a Marina Breeding box it can be converted into a mini refugium.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
ive had this breeding colony since I was 13
That's outstanding. Had a pair of yellow hippo campus erectus in the early 80's weaned them off live brine shrimp. They learned to eat frozen Mysis shrimp. They spawned a couple of times but I didn't have resources or time to raise the fry.

Reactions: FlowerhornLani

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Hi guys I’m new to the forum! I am looking for any ideas on how to create an automatic feeder for my dwarf seahorses. Like some sort of overflow box or something so they can get their live brine shrimp everyday without me having to use a turkey baster? Thanks for any tips. They’re my favorites!
The Tom Aquarium Hatch and Feeder is a hatchery that attaches to the aquarium and automatically feeds newly hatched brine shrimp.

IMG_5976.jpeg

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
You should look into a dosing pump setup, you'd likely find lots of designs and setups if you looked at what NPS coral keepers come up with. Just a dosing pump hooked up to a bottle of baby brine/feed solution. IIRC, dosing pumps are a little pricey though.

Reactions: FlowerhornLani
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store