East asian minnow 101

RPG_MOTH12321

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2022
About half a year ago I began collecting predatory asian minnows from various subfamilies of Cyprinidae. Here I post a thread to update my observations of the fish. Also, feel free to ask me about them.IMG_20220125_153728.jpgrecent loss due to parasite of a juvenile Percocypris pingi, a predatory schizothoracinae carp. Still a lot to learn lol.
Later this year I may try Raiamias guttatus and Opsariichthys uncirostris so stay tuned.

RPG_MOTH12321

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2022
IMG_20220417_221919.jpg
Toxabramis hoffmanni? or something else from toxabramis, whatever. A rare exotic species which is distantly related to the hemiculter shown above. This may be the first comfirmed kept record of its type.
The fish was imported alongside some southeast asian fish. Not sure if it is the exact species. Biology and ecology similar to other bleaks.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

RPG_MOTH12321

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2022
Cool fish that not that many people keep...at least that I know or see. Thanks for sharing and good luck with them!
Most of these species are commercially bred as food in China. So it is actully fairly easy to get youngsters lol
Still it is fairly regrettable that in US you guys can get Elopichthys fairly easy. While in China literally there's no way you can get exotic raptorial cyprinids. BTW the pikeminnow ptychocheilus spp. is my dream fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store