East Coast Raykeeper? Irene preps..

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
Keep in mind, you can use ice to get temp down if you're without power. Aeration is your friend through the storm. Get several small water pumps to move water around. If you're running sump, get a rubbermaid tub, drill a lot of holes and move all your bio media in the tub. Run a pump with a pipe that goes all the way down the rubbermaid tub from the top of the tub's lid.

I did this on my 600 when I have to pull out the sump and work the floor underneath the tank

This setup will last you as long as you need to....this way, you won't need to run a big massive pump to run through your sump. Think of it as a BIG internal filter.

Stan

B_IN_SD

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Sturgis S.D.
That gives corner box filter new meaning. what a good idea !

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Yeah, good luck.

You can keep the water warm if you have gas to heat water, just put it in big coke bottles floating in the tank or sealed glass bottles. If not then a small heater in the room will keep the heat up.

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
Looks like I got lucky. 10" rain. Power out 2x for <2 mins each time. I've got some hungry rays, a few branches to clear up and a small puddle of water in my basement that's smaller than the average puddle I get when I leave water running too long while doing a water change :D

Hope everyone else fared as well.

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
lost power for 12 hrs as well everyone is still alive. hope all is well with everything else

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
good to hear pete. thank goodness u were spaired. any1 else make it through?
My power was out for 24 hours. My Rays seem normal through the whole storm. I gave them very little portion than normal just to see if they were eating, everything was good no lost or sick rays.

JeremyXXXX

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Long Island
I had my power flicker a handful of times but never went out :)
very lucky too because I know a lot of people within a 5 mile radius still without power

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store