Eazy Pod

LOPAKA

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2008
where EVERY things LEGAL :)
I think that is a very nice filtration system for those who can afford it James. I would love to have one for myself *hint hint* if you feel like giv'n there big baller James.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Never used it, so I'm just going off what I see in the two videos. IMO, I think you're better off with a pressurized bead filter. The easy pod is basically a tub that hold some plastic media, with a few holes and a backwash option. Doesn't seem like it would offer any mechanical filtration.

With a pressurized bead filter, the beads pack together as the filter becomes pressurized, giving you bio filtration, and great mechanical filtration because of how close the beads become. Then you just backwash it with an air blower. We have a huge bead filter on our koi pond, and it keeps the water crystal clear.

Just my two cents

LOPAKA

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2008
where EVERY things LEGAL :)
jcardona1;4702335; said:
Never used it, so I'm just going off what I see in the two videos. IMO, I think you're better off with a pressurized bead filter. The easy pod is basically a tub that hold some plastic media, with a few holes and a backwash option. Doesn't seem like it would offer any mechanical filtration.

With a pressurized bead filter, the beads pack together as the filter becomes pressurized, giving you bio filtration, and great mechanical filtration because of how close the beads become. Then you just backwash it with an air blower. We have a huge bead filter on our koi pond, and it keeps the water crystal clear.

Just my two cents

I love the whole back flush idea but can agree with you as far as bio filtration. Wish I could afford either one, maybe one day :naughty:

taksan

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2005
Pretty much impossible to set these up on a tank. They are designed for ponds

calioutlaw1a

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
California
jcardona1;4702335; said:
I also personally don't have an eazy pod, but a koi breeder I have purchased from uses one on a stock tank.
He told me that they do work well for both bio and mechanical filtration, but that they must be backflushed regularly to remove debris from the media. If you don't keep up with this, the media gets filthy pretty fast and no longer functions well for mechanical filtration. I would imagine that regular backflushings would also beat up on the biofilm covering the media.

Although they require regular cleaning, the maintenance is quick, clean, and easy. Also, the breeder now uses these regular backflushings for his water changes, which is nice.

Overall, depending on your stocking density and intended application (e.g. outdoor pond vs indoor pond vs aquarium) I would recommend using the eazy pod for bio and secondary mechanical, with a separate primary mechanical filter. This will allow it to work better as a mechanical filter with longer maintenance intervals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store