Ebjd treatment

Matis Yahu

Feeder Fish
Sep 11, 2016
First off I would like to say hi to the mfk community. Even though I am just now a member this forum has been a primary source of information and inspiration for me.

So about 2-3 weeks ago I picked up some ~1 inch ebjd fry. I know that there are a finicky fish but I have had a 4/4 success rate growing them to adulthood with my original four so I had some pretty good confidence going in. Anyway the first 2 weeks were fine and they put on about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of growth. However 5 days ago the smaller of the two stoped eating and would just chew and spit out food. The next day I picked up some api general cure and started a treatment course, which happens to be the day that the bigger one started showing internal parasite symptoms as well. Throughout the treatment my ebjd got thinner and thinner and wouldn't ever come out of hiding. Today however, the last day of the recommended treatment on the box they start displaying better colors again and also were hiding less, even happily greeting me this morning. They showed more interest in food and I believe the little one even managed to get some flakes down. However the big one still spit them out.

So my question is should I treat again now. They are much better now then when I started treatment but as you can tell still not perfect. I dont know if I should give it a day to see if the treatment worked and its just delayed a day. Or if I should knock out the parasites now while I still have them on the ropes and not give the parasites a chance to recover. My only other concern if too much treatment is bad for the fish amd if that in and of itself could kill or stress them. Thank you for your time and any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Matis Yahu

Feeder Fish
Sep 11, 2016
Ps. Sorry for the never ending storry. And just some extra info, its a 20 gal growout tank till they are about 2-3 inch and it is fully cycled

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Continue treatment for now, so u don't make a resistant strain of whatever sickness they have

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Yeah there was a great video put out by Harvard recently that shows E. coli becoming resistant to antibiotics in just 11 days. Luckily you probably aren't dealing with bacteria, but the dangers still apply!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store