Eheim 2028

Tworottz72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2011
Milford, ohio
Just bought a used 2028 for $65. Noticed a piece on one of the media baskets that the other two dont have. My question is, does this basket go on top? It was on the bottom when i removed them. Or is this piece missing from the other two baskets?? Hope the pic helps. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1336090261301.jpg

Tworottz72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2011
Milford, ohio
I found the piece in the exploded picture. Seems that it is part of the motor housing. It fills the void between the motor and top basket. It is a "friction fit" piece, seems the top basket had more friction~lol. Part #7342200 in exploded view.

CarvinSigX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Illinois
It stuck in the o-ring on my dad's 2028 too. Just re-insert it into the head and it'll work fine.

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
The media trays are all interchangeable but that piece is called a hose joint input connector and it MUST insert into the top tray because it is the connection to the pump head.

Excellent picture BTW.

CarvinSigX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Illinois
I would put it in the head, not the top basket. You'll create the seal when you close it up.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
^^ Correct. I install the connector in the pump head myself. I was emphasizing that it needs to be installed between the top tray and the pump head. It can occasionally be inserted too far into the media tray and therefore wouldn't reach the pump head properly.

CarvinSigX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Illinois
^^ Correct. I install the connector in the pump head myself. I was emphasizing that it needs to be installed between the top tray and the pump head. It can occasionally be inserted too far into the media tray and therefore wouldn't reach the pump head properly.
Exactly. When my dad got his used, we set it up with all new media and the likes. When we got to the top, we wondered what the plastic shim was doing in the top tray's seal. Looked it up and found that it was the inlet tube and it had got stuck too far down in the seal. We thought we were missing a piece until we realized it wasn't a shim. LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store